The Teahorse Hostel is closed for the Winter!
We will reopen March 1, 2017.
For shuttles - call 304-506-2890
Our hostel provides lodging for hikers on the Appalachian Trail, bicyclists on the C&O Canal, and other visitors to Harpers Ferry.
We are located one-half mile from the Appalachian Trail Conservancy and one mile from the train station in Lower Town (free early morning rides to the train station provided for the 6:50 am Marc Train to DC).
Rest in our spotless hostel, take a shower, meet other hikers and bicyclists, cook your own food in the kitchen, or walk to nearby restaurants (the Anvil Restaurant, the Bisou Bistro or Mena's Pizzeria or call for pizza delivery). Whether you are renting a bunkbed or a room, a waffle breakfast is always served with coffee, orange juice, and fruit.
Features and Amenities:
* Beautiful and clean facility - central air conditioning and heat!
* Waffle breakfast included with coffee, orange juice and fruit!
* Quiet and peaceful - no train whistles to wake you up here
* Sheets, blankets, pillows and towels provided
* Fully equipped kitchen
* Laundry ($6 per load - we supply detergent)- open in the evening only
* Common area with board games and books
* Free Wi-Fi and computer available to guests - open in the evening only
* Outside patio
* Locked shed for bikes
* Parking behind the hostel
* mail drops- free to guests; $2 fee otherwise (Do not send mail drops between November and March)
* sorry, no pets or smoking or alcohol
* no camping due to town ordinance
* ask about shuttles in DC/MD/VA/PA/WV area (Dulles airport, From Thornton Gap, SNP to Duncannon, PA, on the Appalachian Trail)
About our Location:
* 1 block from bus stop ( EPTA Transit Service www.eptawv.com- shuttle to Walmart on weekdays)
* Close to nearby restaurants and Post Office
* Two blocks from 7-11