The Teahorse Hostel is closed for the Winter!
We will reopen March 2017.
For shuttles - call 304-506-2890
Our hostel provides lodging for hikers on the Appalachian Trail, bicyclists on the C&O Canal, and other visitors to Harpers Ferry.
We are located one-half mile from the Appalachian Trail Conservancy and one mile from the train station in Lower Town (free early morning rides to the train station provided for the 6:50 am Marc Train to DC).
Rest in our spotless hostel, take a shower, meet other hikers and bicyclists, cook your own food in the kitchen, or walk to nearby restaurants (the Anvil Restaurant, the Bisou Bistro or Mena's Pizzeria). Whether you are renting a bunkbed or a room, a waffle breakfast is always served with coffee, orange juice, and fruit.
Features and Amenities:
* Beautiful and clean facility - central air conditioning and heat!
* Waffle breakfast included with coffee, orange juice and fruit!
* Quiet and peaceful - no train whistles to wake you up here
* Sheets, blankets, pillows and towels provided
* Fully equipped kitchen
* Laundry ($6 per load - we supply detergent)- open in the evening only
* Common area with board games and books
* Free Wi-Fi and computer available to guests - open in the evening only
* Outside patio
* Locked shed for bikes
* Parking behind the hostel
* mail drops- free to guests; $2 fee otherwise (Do not send mail drops between November and March)
* sorry, no pets or smoking or alcohol
* no camping due to town ordinance
* ask about shuttles in DC/MD/VA/PA/WV area (Dulles airport, From Thornton Gap, SNP to Duncannon, PA, on the Appalachian Trail)
About our Location:
* 1 block from bus stop ( EPTA Transit Service www.eptawv.com- shuttle to Walmart on weekdays)
* Close to nearby restaurants and Post Office
* Two blocks from 7-11