Information and Booking Site -
Teahorse Hostel - in the winter open by reservation only - call 304-535-6848.
Beginning on 3/1/2016 - The Teahorse Hostel is open daily for the season!
The Teahorse Hostel is open intermittently during the winter - reservations are essential.
Shuttles to trailheads on the AT are available.
It's been an incredible year - I want to thank all of my many guests
who stopped by this year. You are an extremely talented group of
individuals - and the Appalachian Trail (or C&O Bike path) is just
the beginning of your adventures. I was honored to be part of your
adventure! Good luck to all!
Our hostel provides lodging for hikers on the Appalachian Trail, bicyclists on the C&O Canal, and other visitors to Harpers Ferry. We are located one mile from the train station and Lower Town (free early morning rides to the train station provided for the 6:50 am Marc Train to DC). Rest in our spotless hostel, take a shower, meet other hikers and bicyclists, cook your own food in the kitchen or walk to nearby restaurants (the Anvil Restaurant, the Canal House Cafe or Mena's Pizzeria). Whether you are renting a bunkbed or a room, a waffle breakfast is always served with coffee and orange juice and fruit (in the winter, coffee only is provided).
* Located at 1312 Washington St., one half mile W from the Appalachian Trail Conservancy in Harpers Ferry
* Rent a bunkbed in a shared room, rent a 4-bed room, or the whole hostel
* Beautiful and clean facility - central air conditioning and heat!
* Waffle breakfast included with coffee, orange juice and fruit! (In the winter, coffee only is provided)
* Quiet and peaceful - no train whistles to wake you up here
* Sheets, blankets, pillows and towels provided
* Fully equipped kitchen
* Laundry ($6 per load - we supply detergent)- open in the evening only
* Common area with board games and books
* Wi-Fi and computer with internet free to guests - open in the evening only
* Outside patio
* Two blocks from 7-11
* Close to nearby restaurants and Post Office
* 1 block from bus stop ( EPTA Transit Service www.eptawv.com- shuttle to Walmart on weekdays)
* Locked shed for bikes
* Parking behind the hostel
* mail drops- free to guests; $2 fee otherwise (Do not send mail drops between November and February)
* ask about shuttles in DC/MD/VA/PA/WV area (Dulles airport, From Thornton Gap, SNP to Duncannon, PA, on the Appalachian Trail)
* sorry, no pets or smoking or alcohol
* no camping due to town ordinance